The WRALN is governed by the Terms of Reference approved in 2012. Organizations, businesses and individuals that join the WRALN have the opportunity to be a part of a progressive, collaborative process to create solutions to improve physical activity at the population level and to reduce the burden of chronic diseases in Waterloo Region.
WRALN is made up of a steering committee, networking/education committee and working groups as needed. Members are invited to participate and provide leadership and voice to the work of the WRALN by participating in the Steering Committee and subcommittees. Members are also encouraged to be part of working groups that focus on specific issues.
- Formed by representatives of government organizations, not-for-profit, university and college, board of education, businesses, individuals, community based organizations and groups who completed a membership request
Positions: Chair/co-chair, Networking/Education Committee Coordinator and Note taker
- Marketing and Communication
- Access to Sport and Recreation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Overall long term goal of the Network
- Increase the number of people in our community reporting they are physically active by moving at least 3 times a week.
Connect our members through information and networking so they can:
- Increase community awareness about the network
- Support the internal and external communications of the network
- Develop partnerships and collaborative initiatives that facilitate educating and promoting active healthy lifestyles across the region